The Rules of Corkpage
The Internet is a source of unprecedented power to facilitate communication and self-expression. We believe in continued innovation to harness this power in useful and positive ways. In order to protect everyone's experience and safety, there are some restrictions on the type of behavior and content that we allow on Corkpage service. All users must abide by the policies presented in the Corkpage Rules. Failure to do so may result in the temporary or permanent suspension of account(s).
Please note that we may need to make changes to these rules and reserve the right to do so from time to time. The most up-to-date version is always available at corkpage.com/rules.
Probably everyone online is familiar with at least one or two blogging platforms or social networks where each user creates their own content feed. Corkpage is different, because here people post on each other's Pages. It is necessary to take this into account and be respectful and considerate of the person you are posting for.
To provide you with the service, some types of content are not allowed on Corkpage.
- Copyright infringement. We will respond to complete and clear reports of alleged copyright infringement. The reporting procedure is included in the Terms of Service.
- Unlawful use. You may not use our service for any unlawful purposes or in furtherance of illegal activities. International users must comply with local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
We do not tolerate abusive behavior. Any accounts and related accounts engaging in the activities listed below may be temporarily or permanently suspended.
- Threats of violence. You may not make direct or indirect threats of violence or promote violence.
- Harassment and bullying. You may not incite or take part in targeted abuse or harassment of others. Some of the factors that we may consider in the evaluation of abusive behavior include:
- if the reported behavior is one-sided or includes threats;
- if a primary use of the account is to harass or post abusive messages;
- if the account is used to incite others to harass someone.
- Hateful conduct. You may not promote violence against, attack or threaten others on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, gender identity, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, age, disease, or disability.
- Multiple account abuse. Introducing additional accounts in order to bypass the temporary or permanent suspension of another account is not allowed.
- Private information. You may not publish other people's private and confidential information without their express permission and authorization. Some basic examples include street addresses, non-public phone numbers or email addresses, credit card numbers, identification numbers, etc. Similarly, you may not post or link to private photo, video or audio materials that were obtained or distributed without the subject's consent.
- Impersonation. You may not use the Corkpage service to impersonate other people by portraying them in a confusing or deceptive manner.
We strive to protect everyone on Corkpage from technical abuse and spam. Any accounts engaging in the activities listed below may be temporarily or permanently suspended.
- Malware/Phishing. You may not publish or link to malicious content intended to damage or disrupt another person's browser or device or to compromise a person's privacy.
- Spam. You may not use the Corkpage service for the purpose of spamming. Some of the factors that go into the determination of what is considered to be spamming are:
- if your messages consist mainly of links, soliciting or promotional content;
- if many of your messages have been reported as spam;
- if many people are blocking you;
- if you publish misleading links (e.g. affiliate links, links to clickjacking pages, etc.);
- if you post duplicate content on multiple Pages or multiple duplicate messages on the same Page;
- if you repeatedly publish false or misleading content;
- if you post using automated means.
Suspended accounts will have their Pages closed and posting privileges revoked. Accounts that are created to circumvent suspension will be permanently suspended.
Accounts under investigation may have their Pages locked and/or posting privileges limited or revoked. Corkpage reserves the right to immediately and permanently suspend your account without further notice if, in our judgment, you violate these Rules or the Terms of Service.